Thursday, July 10, 2008

Meet the Leong's Family

Welcome to the Leong Family’s.
It’s had taken me some time to start this blog. The first step is always the hardest step. Finally, here I am, sharing our moments of everyday life about our family and our son, Alfred, who has been diagnosed with achondroplasia when he was 4 months old.

KS and I register for marriage in 2004 and our wedding ceremony was held on 8 October 2005. Alfred was born exactly on 8 October 2007 through C-Section. 8 October is Alfred expected due date and we were amazed when the doctor pointed out this date on our first checkup. I went to my final checkup 2 days before Alfred due date. My doctor said I should opt for C-section because I feel Alfred movement had been slowing lately and I don’t feel any contraction. So, we decided to go ahead on the expected due date.

I wakeup very early in the morning, bathe and washed my hair. Gosh!! I can’t wash my hair during the confinement month which usually took up to 1 month. We, chinese believe that if we wash our hair during the confinement, we will have headache, wind and it will affect our health later in life. Maybe, there is logic behind these believe. I have to follow those rules. I’m so excited when I reach the hospital. My mind wondered whether he is going to look like mommy or like daddy. Oh, how am I going to picture that? Here goes the operation room, all the nurses and doctor around doing their jobs, but my doc was no where to been seen. I lye down after the injection and my lower body became numb. I can’t feel anything. I uttered “huh”, and there my doctor showed his face. Here comes the funny part, doc asked, you ok? I answered, yes, oh doc, you’ve arrived? He said, oh yes, I’m in the middle of taking him out. Deep in my heart, I scream, WHAT!! The feels of nervous, forces of pushing and the next things, Alfred voice, crying. When the doctor showed him to me, oh my baby, he looked like his daddy. I cried. I’m a proud mommy as I gave birth to a lovely baby. After the operation, I was returned to a room and requested to see Alfred. Sadly, the nurse told me that Alfred must stay in the nursery room for 6 hours before they could bring him to me. KS make a trip to the nursery room and snap a few picture of Alfred. Within 10 mins, KS came back to me with Alfred pictures. I knock off after seeing Alfred picture. When I wake up, the nurse bring Alfred to me. When he was handed to me, I hugged and kiss him, oh, I miss that moment. The nurse came with the baby doctor. Doc told us that Alfred hands and legs are shorter. Doc advised us to pay more attention on monitoring his head is not bulging and no fever. At that time, we thought it just a normal advised for new parents. We stay a night at the hospital and went home with little Alfred the next day.



Alfred Pictures captured by his daddy.

No comments: