Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A trip to ER last Saturday

Last Saturday night, we went to buy our grocery at Giant Hypermarket nearby our house. When we reach the hypermarket, Alfred demanded to walk but we doesn’t allowed him instead we put him in the stroller. When I reach the children corner, the stroller stop there and he demanded daddy that he want to walk while I was looking at some clothing for him. Daddy allowed him out from the stroller as he can’t stop showing off his tantrum demanding to walk. Not even 5 minutes of walking, Alfred falls on the shelves close to the floor but daddy manages hold his hand. The fall was not bad cause it only coz a bump on his head. Quickly, I reach him and comfort him. The comforting didn’t help stopping him from crying and we finally take off from the market after 10 minutes of Alfred none stop crying. Usually, the comforting didn’t take more than a minute to stop him from crying if he fall but these cries make me nervous. When we reach home, I change him into pajamas and yet he cries again which apparently stop a minute ago before I had him changed. I presumed something is not right and I told daddy we should bring him see a doctor. All the way long to the ER, he didn’t even cry till he meets up with the doctor, he yelled and cried even louder. Doc checked on his head, hand and stomach and nothing seem wrong. My word just came out to Alfred, if you stop crying, we are going out from here. He did stop crying at instant. Hah!! Magic words. Scared of doctor! I didn’t sleep through the night as Alfred did cries in sleep during odd hours of the night. I gave him a massage on hand and feet and that bring him back to sleep. I feel no good about the fall although I just a very minor fall and I just assume that daddy might have sprain his hand vein when he trying to save Alfred from the fall. The next morning, everything seems ok. That’s a relief!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad Alfred wasn't badly hurt!

Kim said...

I am so happy to hear Alfred was not hurt. I too know that feeling that you want the doctor to tell you nothing is wrong. Alfred definitely keeps you on your toes!

Greene Family said...

I'm so glad that Alfred was ok! It is always scary when our kids get a bump on the head. Alfred is a busy boy! When we took Simon to the ER when he had a hematoma on his forehead, we were told that "he's a boy - it won't be his last fall or bump on the head". They certainly keep us alert!